Invisalign treatment consists of a series of clear, invisible, removable aligners which are changed every few weeks.
Invisalign® is an alterntive to traditional braces.
Clear aligners treatment consists of a series of clear, removable aligners which are changed every few weeks. These custom-made aligners are nearly invisble, making it barely noticeable.
It is easier to keep teeth clean as you can remove the aligner to eat, drink, brush and floss. The aligners can also be thoroughly cleaned before and after use.
Each aligner has to be worn for at least 22 hours per day to allow teeth to move into an improved, pre-determined position. Orthodontic records – photographs, models of teeth and bite, X-rays – are taken and sent overseas to Invisalign’s specialised laboratory. The laboratory creates a computer-generated 3D image and a simulation of teeth movement on Invisalign’s Clincheck software.
Once you and the dentist view and approve of the treatment plan on the Clincheck software, the clear aligners are manufactured and shipped to Singapore! You are ready to start the process of achieving your new smile!
You can visit Invisalign’s website to learn more.
A monthly installment plan is available for invisalign treatments.
Invisalign vs Traditional Braces
Advantages of Invisalign:
1. Invisalign is transparent so it is harder to detect than traditional braces. It is more popular with adults.
2. More comfortable
3. Less food restrictions
4. Easier to clean
Disadvantages of Invisalign
1. May not be applicable to all cases. In some cases a short course of traditional braces may need to be used before the malocclusion can be treated with Invisalign.
2. The patient must be committed to wear the aligners almost all the time , 22-23 hours a day, to facilitate effective movement of the teeth.
3. The Invislign aligners need to be removed before eating & cleaned well before reinsertion.
4. The aligners can be lost when they are removed.
5. Bonded attachments may be required for certain tooth movements.
6. Costs of Invisalign is often greater than traditional braces because of the high fees levied by the Invisalign laboratory for the fabrication of the series of aligners.